We all remember it George Seitaridisfrom his characteristic role in “Singles”, on the Mega channel years ago, but also through the film “Loofah and Disguise: Sirens in the Aegean”.
So if you want to see his wife and learn about his new life in Pelion, keep reading!
George Seitaridis: His wife and his new life in Pelion
Giorgos Seitaridis has in recent years left Athens with his wife, Olga Thanasia, who is also an actor, have settled permanently in Pelion. It seems that the once popular actor has taken a turn in his career, as in the last 10 years he has left the entertainment industry and is now engaged in rural life.
In a rare interview he gave in 2021 on the “Mega Kalimera” show, Giorgos Seitaridis had referred to his decision to leave Athens saying characteristically: “I made the decision to leave Athens mentally. At one point I had come to Horefto some years ago, there was a full moon and I had gone to the beach to sit. On one side I could see the mountain, behind I could see the moon and something inside me said “you, this is where you will live”. Then came the theater, the television, the cinema, I did what I did up to a point but at some point I felt that I was empty”, and then he declared: “The theater is not something you can keep giving. And I said “I’m leaving, I’m going to Pelion”. Besides, I believed and still believe that by going to nature, you live normally.”
Regarding the theater, the actor had added: “In essence, I never gave up the theater and acting. That is, the years have not taken me nor have I lost any talent I have. I’m just waiting for something to express me… My phone hasn’t stopped ringing and that’s something I’m wondering about too. Every year more and more things happen, but I don’t feel like I want to plus that what was coming didn’t express me. Due to the economic crisis, the producers became completely ruthless with money, they tried to lower the prices as much as possible, but I don’t accept it.”
Finally, he had spoken about his wife, but also about their acquaintance, saying: “Olga and I met and got married here in Agia Marina. We had done a theater workshop here in Pelion. When I told my wife that I want to stay permanently in Pelion, she didn’t immediately say yes. Now, when we get to the amen and I tell her to pack up and go downstairs, she tells me to calm down”, while she had confessed: “We have a good time with my husband and our jobs. For the last few years I have been teaching yoga. When he told me to come here to Pelion I became a love migrant. The marriage proposal was made on the 15th day of getting to know each other.”
See also: Costas Apostolidis: This is his wife who is the daughter of the late director Theodoros Angelopoulos
A few words about Giorgos Seitaridis
- He was born in 1975 in Piraeus where he grew up.
- After finishing school he settled in London where he began his studies as a mechanical engineer-shipbuilder.
- A few years later, he decided to leave his studies and pursue acting, returning to Greece. There he studied at Vassilis Diamantopoulos’ Iasmos Higher Drama School.
- He made his first appearance on television in the satirical series “Ten Little Bits” by Lakis Lazopoulos in 2002.
- Various participations in the theater followed, while in 2005 he made his film debut, with a leading role, in Nikos Perakis’ comedy “Loofah and Variation: Sirens in the Aegean” in the role of Hambos Parlavatzas.
- He became particularly well-known to the general public in the 2006-2007 season with the role of Nodas Peristeropoulos in the second cycle of the comedy series “Singles” on the Mega Channel.
- There he co-starred with Maria Solomou, Sunny Hatziargyris, Aris Servetalis and Sokratis Patsikas, appearing only in this cycle of the series.
- In the period 2007-2008 he starred together with Lina Sakka in the romantic comedy “Mermaids” on Mega Channel, portraying a fisherman Constantis who falls in love with a mermaid.
- At the same time, he made guest appearances in the series “Daddy don’t run” and “Safe Sex TV Stories”.
- This was followed by the comedy series “7 Lives” on ANT1.
- In 2011, he collaborated again with Nikos Perakis in the comedy “Loofah and Disguise: Sirens on land”.
- He has had two marriages. The first lasted from 2005 to 2008 and was with the Turkish model Tuchse Kazaz, with whom they met on the set of the movie Loofah and Variation: Sirens in the Aegean, while the second took place in 2017 with also actress Olga Thanassia.
Learn more: Sissy Fida: This is her husband with whom she has a daughter – “At first I had doubts about my husband because of the age difference”