“Avlaia” launches the “Excoionamo 2023” program through which anyone interested can secure free state money up to the amount of 21,000 euros for the energy upgrade of their home: The relevant deadline expires on the 15th of the month. Anyone who does not catch the current program should know that a new “Save” cycle will follow, only that, according to all indications, it will have completely different characteristics.
Vangelis Durakis writes
There is information about the next residential energy shielding program, according to which it is being promoted the adoption of a model similar to the heating allowancean element that will differentiate the flow of relevant financing.
What’s changing in the next Save cycle
And that’s because the amount of aid will not be determined on the basis of enlarged geographical areas but it will be to the standards of the heating allowancewhere each region has its own rates. In other words, we are going to a model where the financing rate will be determined by approximation of… Postal Code and by combining several data.
As the Minister of Energy and Environment himself has emphasized Theodore Skylakakis “gradually we will be changing the features of Save so that we obtain – from the experience we have and from the needs we have – information. Because we have different things in the savings system. The bottom line is that saving has a completely different economic return in the north than in the south. And I should save them to adjust accordingly.”
However, the next Save cycle is expected to be activated during the second half of the new year: Currently, the hourglass is emptying cfor the submission of applications for inclusion in the “Excoionamo 2023” program: The relevant deadline has expired on November 15 and the potential beneficiary should know that if the application for inclusion in the Program is deemed “Eligible in Principle”, the issuance and submission to the Program of the Electronic Building Identity is required.
Caution should be shown by the interested party to the costs required for the file although the amounts paid e.g. for the fee of the Project Consultant, the cost of the energy certificates and the technical studies, they are almost entirely subsidized and the prices are predetermined by the program guide.
The “secrets” of the “Save 2023” program
Another “secret” that the interested party should know in order to be allowed unhindered access to the funds of “Excoionamo 2023” – and to free government money up to the amount of 21,000 euros – is to know that cfor an energy-intensive property to upgrade three energy classes relative to the existing one, as required by the program, several energy interventions must be made and not selectively one or two.
So, for example when a house belongs to the low energy class “H” i.e. the most energy-intensive, based on the ranking scale of energy efficiency, will the property must go up three classes , i.e. to be classified at least in “D” after the operations. This indicatively means that the interested party must intervene in the shell of the house (thermal insulation, replacement of old frames with corresponding new ones of high energy efficiency), also to interfere with old heating cooling systemsin order to install, for example, gas boilers of new technology, or heat pumps with a high degree of efficiency, to replace the old air conditioners with new ones, inverter type, etc.
It is of particular importance to replace the electric water heater with a solar oneand if it is technically possible, it would be good to connect the solar water heater to the gas boiler or heat pump used to heat the property.
If we are talking about a house of about 80 m2 in the B climate zone (e.g. in the Athens Basin), the estimated expenditure for all these interventions can reach around 16,000 euros, where for an average annual family income of 25,000 euros the program will subsidize the interested party with 55%, i.e. 8,800 euros , while the remaining 7,200 euros can be covered with an interest-free loan or equity. The amortization of the amount to be paid by the interested party after the completion of the energy interventions is estimated to take place in approximately 4 to 5 years.
It is pointed out that all additional costs of managing the filesuch as the fee of the Project Consultant, the cost of the energy certificates and the technical studies required for the completion of the program, they are almost entirely subsidized and prices are fixed from the program guide.
What is not subsidized and needs special attention are the fines and engineer’s fees for settling urban planning violations of the property to be included that may arise in the context of the issuance of the electronic identity of the property.
In any case, the interested party must know that cfor each residence that will be selectedIn order to be included in “Excoionamo 2023”, the goal is the mandatory upgrade of at least three energy categories, in order to ensure primary energy savings of more than 30%.
Selectable budget and interventions
The maximum eligible intervention budget (with VAT) per beneficiary application cannot exceed:
- the product of 1.10 euros (from 1 euro in the previous “Save 2021”) times the total estimated annual primary energy savings (kWh) as derived from the 1st Energy Performance Certificate (PEA),
- the product of 220 euros (from 200 euros in “Save 2021”) on the surface of the main premises as it appears from the E9 form,
- 28,000 euros (from 22,500 euros in “Save 2021”).
The amounts refer to interventions for:
- Replacement of frames.
- Installing/Upgrading thermal insulation.
- Heating/cooling system upgrade.
- Domestic hot water system (DHW) using Renewable Energy Sources (RES).
- Other energy saving interventions (installation of an intelligent management system (smart home), intelligent electrical load management systems, intelligent heating/cooling control systems, intelligent remote control and monitoring systems).
The subsidy rates depending on the income and whether the residence is owned or rented are as follows:
- Individual income up to 5,000 euros/family up to 10,000 euros: 75% grant for owner-occupation by the applicant, 65% for Free Concession to another Person/Rent.
- Individual income from 5,000 – 10,000 euros/family income from 10,000 – 20,000 euros: 70% grant for owner-occupation by the applicant, 60% for Free Concession to another Person/Rent.
- Individual income from 10,000 – 20,000 euros/family income from 20,000 – 30,000 euros: 55% subsidy for owner-occupation by the applicant, 45% for Free Concession to another Person/Rent.
- Individual income from 20,000 – 30,000 euros/family income from 30,000 – 40,000 euros: 45% grant for owner-occupation by the applicant, 40% for Free Concession to another Person/Rent.
- Individual income over EUR 30,000/family income over EUR 40,000: 40% grant for owner-occupation by the applicant, 40% for Free Subsidy/Rent.