Evia: The testimonies about the infant who died from an electric shock are shocking

Evia: The testimonies about the infant who died from an electric shock are shocking
Evia: The testimonies about the infant who died from an electric shock are shocking

A family was plunged into mourning, as well as the small community of the village of Argyros, in the municipality of Kymi – Aliveri in Euboeaby death of the infant only one year old who died of electric shock. The tragedy of the little girl who unexpectedly lost her life has “frozen” the residents of the area, while the parents are in a state of shock, with the baby having, apparently, died instantly. The child’s mother is a tragic figure who did not have time to remove him from the socket and who, obviously in a state of shock, declared that if the baby had worn shoes he might be alive today.

“They told me that because he wasn’t wearing shoes he got grounded, they kind of said, if he was wearing shoes he wouldn’t get electrocuted. It was barefoot I was told and that’s why it hit it. Now she walked, now, now, she couldn’t with shoes,” she said about what the doctors explained to her. Speaking to Mega, experts explaining how the accident happened said: “What apparently happened is that the child’s fingers came into contact with the electricity from the device. He was barefoot, shorted to earth and electrocuted. This is the definition of electrocution,” said the electrician Angelos Konturgiannis. “If he had been wearing shoes he would have been saved,” he added.

“If you don’t have contact with the ground, the circuit with the ground is not closed, so you feel the current, but you don’t get killed. So very likely if he had been wearing shoes he would have been saved”, Mr. Konturgiannis emphasized. However, the little girl was not wearing any clothes, as a result of which the high voltage of the current dissipated in her small body. “The current penetrates the device, passes through the body and goes to earth. At that moment the heart goes into shock. Atrial fibrillation occurs and the person dies,” explained the electrician.

Doctors from the Aliveri Health Center explain to LIVE NEWS that in such cases electric shock the fatal is inevitable. “His brain cells had died. I don’t know if there was a doctor on site at the time if he could have done anything.” “He was in the stage where he was getting up… He was going from crawling to getting up. She put her fingers in a mosquito net, the child was thrown back, my wife pulled her, she called me, we brought her to the health center, she was breathing, finally the doctor comes out and tells me “it’s over. He was an instant friend,” said the child’s father.

The testimonies are shocking

They are shocked testimonials of the child’s father and grandmother. “The children were fine, they were playing and he put his hand on the socket. He had something small there for the mosquitoes, he put his little hand there. In this machine for mosquitoes that were in the socket. The little baby was playing with his two brothers when he accidentally he put his little hands in insect repellent which was plugged into the socket with the high voltage current fatally passing through his little body.

– Was she with dad at the time?

– With mom. He was very, very careful. She was there, she was close to him,” she told Mega.

A doctor from the Aliveri Health Center also spoke about the tragic incident. “When they brought it here it was dead. His brain cells had died. Now my mother said that the incident happened at 11 instead of 10 in the morning. He tried to unplug an insect repellent and got an electric shock,” he said.

The mother contacted her pediatrician shortly after 11 a.m., who advised her to massage the child until he reached the village on ECAV. “He told me that he contacted a pediatrician and recommended that they do some massages until they come over here to the health center,” underlined the doctor of the health center to which the little girl was immediately transferred, but it was already too late. “The trend we have in our house is enough. And if he were big, he would kill him. And if I put my hand in the socket, it will kill me. The trend we have in our house can kill anyone young or old,” she added.

The body of the child, who was the third in the family, is to be transferred to Chalkida Hospital, so that an autopsy can be performed and the cause of his death can be confirmed. The parents said, regarding whether precious time was lost from the hospital, that everyone was on the hotline to save the child, but unfortunately that was not enough.

The article is in Greek

Tags: Evia testimonies infant died electric shock shocking

NEXT At least 19 dead in the protests over the death of the 22-year-old