Olympiacos, traveled yesterday (8/11) to London, for the away match against West Ham, as part of the fourth round of the Europa League. Piraeus will try to “take” as much as they can from the game, on the way to the next stage.
The “red and whites” will be… guided by the tradition of good performances in recent years, which have also been combined with the desired results, such as in 2015 when they left with the “double” from the “Emirates” in their luggage and repeated it at the same stadium in 2020 and 2021.
Read also: The 8 short ones of Panathinaikos for 80′: How much will Slukas play, if…
The doubles that were made… routine at the “Emirates” and Mourinho’s ball boy
In recent years, Olympiacos has made London its second home. Piraeus has had to compete in the capital of England several times in recent years, both for the Champions and for the Europa League, building an excellent tradition.
In September 2015, the “red and whites” are hosted by Arsenal for the Champions League groups and Marco Silva’s team, starring Fortunis, Campiaso Pardo and Finnbogason, who made it 2-3 in the 67′, will celebrate a big “double”.
Five years later, Olympiacos will celebrate double-qualification again at Arsenal’s home ground with El Arabi’s buzzer beater that sent his team to the round of 16 of the Europa League. While in the very next season, in 2021, the Moroccan striker will again give the “three points” but it was not enough for his team to eliminate the “gunners” in the round of 16 of the second inter-club competition.
In between the doubles at the “Emirates”, in the 2019-20 season, Olympiacos faced Tottenham, in the group stage of the Champions League. The “red and whites” rose to the occasion, leading 0-2, but Meria’s … chaff and Mourinho’s brilliant ball boy gave the “spurs” the momentum. The youngster from the team’s academies quickly gave the ball for a cross-out, which ended up being 2-2 by Kane.
Tottenham’s brilliant ball boy changes the balance at 3:01 of the video:
Olympiacos on the “Island” did not always feel… like at home
In its history, Olympiacos has played 19 times in England, with a record of 3-1-15 and individual scores of 12-49. He has played the most matches against Arsenal (6), while he has played 3 times at the home of Manchester United.
However, since 2015, he has balanced the situation, since against Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester City, Wolves and Burnley, he has a record of 3-1-3 and individual scores of 9-12. It remains to be seen whether on Thursday night, the record will be improved…
Detailed results of Olympiakos in England:
- 18/3/2021: Arsenal – Olympiacos 0-1 (Europa League round of 16)
- 3/11/2020: Manchester City – Olympiacos 3-0 (Champions League)
- 6/8/2020: Wolves – Olympiacos 1-0 (Europa League round of 16)
- 27/2/2020: Arsenal – Olympiacos 1-2 (“32” of the Europa League)
- 26/11/2019: Tottenham – Olympiacos 4-2 (Champions League)
- 30/8/2018: Burnley – Olympiakos 1-1 (Europa League qualifying round)
- 29/9/2015: Arsenal – Olympiacos 2-3 (Champions League)
- 19/3/2014: Manchester United – Olympiacos 3-0 (“Champions League” last 16)
- 3/10/2012: Arsenal – Olympiacos 3-1 (Champions League)
- 29/9/2011: Arsenal – Olympiacos 2-1 (Champions League)
- 29/9/2009: Arsenal – Olympiacos 2-0 (Champions League)
- 5/3/2008: Chelsea – Olympiacos 3-0 (Champions League round of 16)
- 16/3/2005: Newcastle – Olympiacos 4-0 (UEFA Cup Round of 16)
- 8/12/2004: Liverpool – Olympiacos 3-1 (Champions League)
- 1/10/2002: Manchester United – Olympiacos 4-0 (Champions League)
- 23/10/2001: Manchester United – Olympiacos 3-0 (Champions League)
- 7/12/2000: Liverpool – Olympiacos 2-0 (UEFA Cup)
- 25/10/1972: Tottenham – Olympiacos 4-0 (UEFA Cup)
- 24/11/1965: West Ham – Olympiacos 4-0 (Cup Winners’ Cup)
Write your comment