Fuel Pass 2 deadline: Those drivers who… delayed and didn’t get it last time have one last chance to claim it. However, they should be aware that if they choose to receive the amounts allocated to them through a physical digital card, there is a risk of losing them if they do not redeem them within a short period of time! The variation in the price of fuel in the next period will also determine whether there will be new aid.
Vangelis Durakis writes
In any case, those who have not obtained the physical card have the opportunity to submit the relevant application until today. Those who will now purchase the fuel pass must to use the available balance until October 31otherwise they will lose it.
The entire process for the fuel pass
Through a series of questions and answers, those interested can learn in every detail the process, who are beneficiaries and what the conditions are.
Who are eligible for Fuel Pass II?
All natural persons, including freelancers, who are tax residents of Greece with a declared family income for tax year 2021 up to thirty thousand (30,000) euros, increased by three thousand (3,000) euros for the spouse or cohabiting partner and in addition by three thousand (3,000) euros for each dependent child of the household and up to the amount of forty-five thousand (45,000) euros, in order to contribute to covering the cost of fuel consumption for the months of July, August and September 2022.
Each vehicle or motorcycle-moped can be declared by a single natural person, who has full ownership or co-ownership of the vehicle and the motorcycle-moped or is a lessee under a leasing contract. Each natural person can only declare one vehicle or motorcycle-moped. A necessary condition is that the vehicle, motorcycle-moped, is in traffic, is insured and no traffic fees are due.
How do I issue Fuel Pass II?
Beneficiaries of the Program submit their application electronically through the special application, using the credential codes of the General Secretariat of Public Administration Information Systems (taxisnet / myaade). The applicant completes and updates their contact information and, in particular, their email address and mobile phone number. If he chooses “Deposit into a bank account” as the method of granting, it is also necessary to fill in the IBAN of a personal bank account or an account in which the applicant is a beneficiary or co-beneficiary.
Beneficiaries can also submit their application from the local Citizen Service Centers (K.E.P.) on the dates provided for their TIN.
Attention: the application is subject to the position of a responsible declaration for the accuracy, validity and identity of the data declared (phone & email) in relation to the true holder of the credential codes of the GISPSDD (taxisnet). KtP M.A.E. and the Greek State is not responsible for any damage the beneficiary may suffer from unauthorized use of his login codes or failure of his systems.
How is the payment made?
The amount is paid in two ways:
- By issuing an immaterial digital card (Viva Wallet or Alpha Bank) used with an appropriate smartphone that necessarily supports NFC contactless transaction technology.
- By depositing into a personal bank account owned by the beneficiary or into an account in which the beneficiary is a joint beneficiary.
What is the amount of the aid?
The aid amount is determined based on article 67 of Law 4950/2022. In particular, for the months of July, August and September 2022, the credit amounts to the following amounts:
- one hundred (100) euros using a digital debit card for eligible owners of vehicles, except motorcycles-mopeds, with main residence in the Regions of the North Aegean, South Aegean, Ionian Islands, Crete, in the Islands Regional Unit of the Attica Region, in the Sporades Regional Unit of Region of Thessaly, in the Thassos Regional Unit of the Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Region, on the island of Samothraki of the Evros Regional Unit of the Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Region and on the island of Ammouliani of the Halkidiki Regional Unit of the Central Macedonia Region. The above amount is set at eighty-five (85) euros, if the beneficiary chooses to deposit into a bank account.
- eighty (80) euros using a digital debit card for eligible owners of vehicles, except motorcycles-mopeds, with a main residence in the rest of Greece. The above amount is set at sixty-five (65) euros, if the beneficiary chooses to deposit into a bank account.
- seventy (70) euros using a digital debit card for eligible motorcycle-moped owners residing in the Regions of the North Aegean, South Aegean, Ionian Islands, Crete, in the Regional Unit of Islands of the Region of Attica, in the Regional Unit of Sporades of the Region of Thessaly, in the Regional Unit of Thassos Unit of the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace, on the island of Samothraki of the Regional Unit of Evros of the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace and on the island of Ammouliani of the Regional Unit of Halkidiki of the Region of Central Macedonia. The above amount is set at fifty-five (55) euros, if the beneficiary chooses to deposit into a bank account.
- sixty (60) euros using a digital debit card for eligible motorcycle-moped owners, with main residence in the rest of Greece. The above amount is forty-five (45) euros, if the beneficiary chooses a bank account deposit.
When is the aid deposited?
Applications that meet the conditions of the action are sent to the Financial Institutions in the morning of each working day (excluding official and bank holidays).
The aid is credited either to the immaterial digital card or to the selected bank account within a few days from the date of successful receipt and processing of the beneficiary’s application by the Financial Institution of his/her choice.
Where and how do I use it?
- The immaterial digital card (the installation and use of which requires the possession of a smartphone that necessarily supports NFC contactless transaction technology) is used at POS at all gas stations in the country, like any similar card, until 31/10/2022.
- The bank account deposit amount is used via debit cards linked to the account or via cash withdrawal.