For a double wave bad weather from Friday warns the meteo.gr of the National Observatory of Athens and recommends caution in the areas that will be affected.
According to meteo.gr, the bad weather will last until Monday (11/13) and will bring thunderstorms, hail, strong winds up to 7 Beaufort and a slight drop in temperature.
Meteo.gr’s forecast in detail:
Two consecutive atmospheric disturbances will affect the country’s weather from Friday 10/11 to Monday 13/11. According to the latest forecast data from meteo.gr / Athens National Observatory, the main characteristics of the weather will be:
- Strong local rains and storms, which in some cases will be accompanied by hail.
- The prevalence of southerly and westerly winds that will occasionally reach 7 Beaufort on the seas and cause relatively high waves.
Regarding the first day of the coming bad weather, Friday 10/11the first atmospheric disturbance will cause from noon rains and storms in the Ionian and in the western and southwestern continental areas, which by the evening will extend to Macedonia and in the rest of its regions Thessalyher You’re solid and her Peloponnese as well as to the south of it Crete.
The phenomena in the Ionian and in the western and southwestern continentals will be strong in places and will be accompanied by hailstorms.
The following maps show the rain which is expected in the afternoon and early evening hours of Friday 10/11 as well as the areas with an increased chance of hail. Black and white dots mark areas with an increased chance of hail with small hail, while red triangles mark areas with an increased chance of hail with larger hail.
In the Ionian Sea, southerlies will prevail at noon and in the afternoon winds up to 7 Beaufort which from the first evening hours will become westerlies up to 5 Beaufort. In the Aegean the winds will turn southerly up to 6 Beaufort from the afternoon. THE temperature it will show a slight drop in places.
According to the classification of the precipitation episode (RPI), which is applied by the Meteo unit of the National Observatory of Athens, the precipitation episode for Friday 10/11, classified as Category 3 (Significant). It should be noted here that the categorization refers to the country as a whole and that the effects in the west and south-west will be strong in places and it is recommended caution.
EMY: Emergency report of worsening weather
According to the EMY emergency report, deterioration will be presented by weather from noon on Friday (11/10) until late Saturday night (11/11), with main features strong rains and stormswhich will be accompanied by hailstorms and high frequency of lightning.
The phenomena will gradually extend towards the central and northern continents as well as the eastern Aegean.
Heavy rain and storms are forecast:
Her Friday (10/11)
- From noon in the Ionian, Epirus, Western Mainland and Western Peloponnese.
- From the afternoon hours, the rest of Sterea and Peloponnese, the islands of the Eastern Aegean and possibly the southern parts of Thessaly will be affected.
The Saturday (11/11)
- From the morning hours in the northern Ionian, Epirus, western Macedonia, western Sterea, the southern parts of the Eastern Peloponnese and Kythira.
- From noon in central Macedonia, eastern Macedonia and possibly Thrace.
- Towards the evening the phenomena will weaken in most areas and will be limited to the islands of the eastern Aegean and the Dodecanese.
The winds on the seas will be strong. Specifically, southerly winds of intensity 7 to 8 Beaufort will blow in the Aegean from the morning hours of Saturday (11-11-23) until the late afternoon.