The “red and whites” have collected three wins, one draw and three defeats in their last seven visits on English soil. Youssef El Arabi and Pontense have scored for Olympiakos in England and Fortounis and Masouras have shared assists.
Olympiacos will give tonight (9/11, 22:00, COSMOTE SPORT 6HD, LIVE SPORT24) his 20th game on English soil in his history in European competitions against West Ham in London.
The Reds have faced ten different English sides in the Champions League, EuropaLeague, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup with a record of three wins, one draw and 15 defeats away from home, with a scoreline of 48–12.
However, the Piraeus team in their last seven visits to England in the last eight years has three wins, one draw and three losses with goals of 12-9.
The “red and whites” have shown a very good face in recent years in their away games on English soil, celebrating three victories and also qualifying at the expense of Arsenal, in London. Something Diego Martinez and his players want to achieve tonight against West Ham.
Because, a possible victory against the “hammers”, will again reverse the climate in the Piraeus team and above all will keep alive the hopes for the second place in the group and the continuation in the knockout games of the Europa League. Although the most realistic goal at the moment seems to be third place and qualification to the knockout matches of the Conference League.
As for the footballers who have scored or given assists in the Olympiakos shirt in the matches in English stadiums and are currently on the roster of the “red and whites”, they are Daniel Pontense, Youssef El Arabi, Costa Fortouni and Giorgos Masura.
Pontense had scored in the 83rdThe minute of Olympiacos’ draw with Burnley (1-1) after an assist by Fortounis, who had another assist, in Olympiacos’ win over Arsenal (3-2) at the Emirates on Ospina’s own goal after direct corner kick.
El Arabi also scored twice in the Piraeus side’s two wins (1-0 and 2-1) over Arsenal at the Emirates for the Europa League, both of which came from Masoura’s assists.
But let’s look in detail at the results of Olympiakos in England:
- 3/18/2021: Arsenal – Olympiacos 0-1 (“16” of the Europa League)
- 3/11/2020: Manchester City – Olympiacos 3-0 (Champions League)
- 6/8/2020: Wolves – Olympiacos 1-0 (“16” of the Europa League)
- 27/2/2020: Arsenal – Olympiacos 1-2 (“32” of the Europa League)
- 26/11/2019: Tottenham – Olympiacos 4-2 (Champions League)
- 30/8/2018: Burnley – Olympiacos 1-1 (Europa League qualifying round)
- 29/9/2015: Arsenal – Olympiacos 2-3 (Champions League)
- 19/3/2014: Manchester United – Olympiacos 3-0 (“Champions League” 16)
- 3/10/2012: Arsenal – Olympiacos 3-1 (Champions League)
- 29/9/2011: Arsenal – Olympiacos 2-1 (Champions League)
- 29/9/2009: Arsenal – Olympiacos 2-0 (Champions League)
- 5/3/2008: Chelsea – Olympiacos 3-0 (“Champions League” 16)
- 3/16/2005: Newcastle – Olympiacos 4-0 (UEFA Cup Round of 16)
- 8/12/2004: Liverpool – Olympiacos 3-1 (Champions League)
- 1/10/2002: Manchester United – Olympiacos 4-0 (Champions League)
- 23/10/2001: Manchester United – Olympiacos 3-0 (Champions League)
- 7/12/2000: Liverpool – Olympiacos 2-0 (UEFA Cup)
- 25/10/1972: Tottenham – Olympiacos 4-0 (UEFA Cup)
- 24/11/1965: West Ham – Olympiacos 4-0 (Cup Winners’ Cup)