Rains, storms, hail and lightning are expected to hit the country in the next 24 hours. Where and when the phenomena will “hit”.
09 November 2023 11:54
Bad weather warning issued by the National Meteorological Service, on Thursday morning, with extreme phenomena expected to affect several regions of the country in the next 24 hours.
As reported by EMY, the weather will worsen Showers and thunderstorms from noon Friday (11-10-23) until late Saturday night (11-11-23)which will be accompanied by hail and high frequency of lightning, initially in the Ionian Islands and the western Peloponnese and gradually in the rest of the west. The phenomena will gradually extend towards the central and northern continents as well as the eastern Aegean. The winds on the seas will be strong.
In more detail, heavy rains and storms are predicted:
On Friday (10-11-23)
- From noon in the Ionian, Epirus, Western Mainland and Western Peloponnese.
- From the afternoon hours, the rest of Sterea and Peloponnese, the islands of the Eastern Aegean and possibly the southern parts of Thessaly will be affected.
On Saturday (11-11-23)
- From the morning hours in the northern Ionian, Epirus, western Macedonia, western Sterea, the southern parts of the Eastern Peloponnese and Kythira.
- From noon in central Macedonia, eastern Macedonia and possibly Thrace.
- Towards the evening the phenomena will weaken in most areas and will be limited to the islands of the eastern Aegean and the Dodecanese.
B. Southerly winds of intensity 7 to 8 Beaufort will blow in the Aegean from the morning hours of Saturday (11-11-23) until the late afternoon.