First entry: Thursday, September 1, 2022, 00:51
Filming on an Apple TV+ miniseries starring Natalie Portman has been temporarily halted after two men threatened to shoot a production member unless $50,000 was paid, according to Baltimore police.
The cast and crew of “Lady in the Lake,” based on Laura Lippman’s book of the same name, had been filming in downtown Baltimore for several months when two men approached a crew driver and threatened him at gunpoint unless they were paid $50,000. dollars will shoot someone from the crew.
The incident occurred, according to the Baltimore police, last Friday, August 26. Although no other crew members were on set at the time, production decided to “take the threats seriously and reschedule the shoot after finding another location,” a police spokesman said.
According to Rolling Stone no arrests have been made. Local news outlet The Baltimore Banner described the men as “local drug dealers.”
In a statement provided to The Hollywood Reporter, the show’s production company Endeavor Content confirmed the incident and said production will continue with increased security measures. “We are cooperating with the Baltimore Police Department as the investigation is ongoing,” the statement said.
Last updated: Thursday, September 1, 2022, 00:51