Strike mobilization took place on Monday morning at “Praktiker” at Heraklion.
THE Union of Private Employees of Heraklion (EIVI) was today next to the workers of Praktiker and their 24-hour strike to demand the signing of a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Union, “welcomes the colleagues who broke the fear, took the first big step and went on strike!
We also call on all those who did not take the step today, but are concerned and see that the only path left is that of struggle, to join forces with those who came forward today. To further strengthen the organization of workers at Praktiker.”
As he states, “this is the only answer to terrorism, irregular hours, low wages!
We continue vigorously and claim:
• Signing of a Contract with increases and rights for all employees.
• To abolish the split schedule.
Especially for her store Praktiker in Heraklion we require:
• To make all the necessary staff recruitments immediately. The specialty of pickers (intermediates) should be reinstated and each shift in the warehouse should consist of at least 3 people.
• Rolling day off as every year, Monday to Saturday.
• Fixed hours in weekly shifts with a monthly schedule. Clearly defined positions and responsibilities for each employee
• Stop undeclared-unpaid overtime
• To stop the psychological pressure and terrorism from the management of the store under the pretext of achieving the sales targets set by the company itself.
• Break for all workers in all posts, 30′ for 8 hours, 20′ for 6 hours and 15′ for 4 hours.
• Conversion of 6-hour work contracts to 8-hour work contracts, for those employees who wish to do so.
• Shops are closed on Sundays”.