Change will present it weather scene from Friday, as they are expected rains and storms which will be accompanied by hail and large lightning frequency. As he wrote it meteo.gr, two consecutive atmospheric disorders will affect him Cairo of the country from until Monday.
Bad weather will affect initials at Ionian Islands and the western Peloponnese and gradually to rest west. The phenomena will gradually expand towards the central and northern continental as well as in the eastern Aegean.
Winds will blow to the west from southerly directions 5 to 6 locally in the north Ionian to 7 Beaufort with debility since evening. In the east initially from northerly directions 3 to 4 Beaufort, gradually from the west southerly winds 4 to 6 Beaufort will prevail.
In the morning and evening hours visibility will be locally limited. Meteorological conditions favor the transport of African dust to the west and south. The temperature will drop slightly mainly in the north.
The double atmospheric disturbance
In accordance with meteo.grthe first atmospheric disturbance will cause from the noon rains and storms in the Ionian and in the western and southwestern continental regions, which by the evening will extend to Macedonia and the rest of Thessaly, Sterea and Peloponnese as well as the south of Crete.
The effects in the Ionian and in the western and southwestern continental areas will be strong in places and will be accompanied by hail. The following maps show the rain expected in the afternoon and early evening hours of Friday 10/11 as well as the areas with an increased chance of hail.
Black and white dots mark areas with an increased chance of hail with small hail, while red triangles mark areas with an increased chance of hail with larger hail.
EMY’s emergency bulletin
“The weather will worsen from noon on Friday (10-11-23) until late Saturday night (11-11-23) with heavy rains and storms, which will be accompanied by hail and a high frequency of lightning, initially on the islands of the Ionian and the western Peloponnese and gradually to the rest of the west. The phenomena will gradually extend towards the central and northern continents as well as the eastern Aegean. The winds on the seas will be strong.
A. Heavy rains and storms are forecast:
On Friday (10-11-23)
- From noon in the Ionian, Epirus, Western Mainland and Western Peloponnese.
- From the afternoon hours, the rest of Sterea and Peloponnese, the islands of the Eastern Aegean and possibly the southern parts of Thessaly will be affected.
On Saturday (11-11-23)
- From the morning hours in the northern Ionian, Epirus, western Macedonia, western Sterea, the southern parts of the Eastern Peloponnese and Kythira.
- From noon in central Macedonia, eastern Macedonia and possibly Thrace.
- Towards the evening the phenomena will weaken in most areas and will be limited to the islands of the eastern Aegean and the Dodecanese.
B. Winds from southern directions with an intensity of 7 to 8 Beaufort will blow in the Aegean from the morning hours of Saturday (11-11-23) until the late afternoon.
The weather forecast for the whole country
- Weather: Sparse clouds that will increase from midday and rain and sporadic storms will occur, possibly locally strong in the west. Late night improvement.
- Winds: Variable 3 to 4 and from noon southerly directions 5 to 6 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 13 to 22 degrees Celsius.
- Weather: Clouds temporarily increased with local rain and in the afternoon – afternoon chance of isolated storms.
- Winds: Southeast 3 to 4 Beaufort and from noon to 5 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 12 to 20 degrees Celsius.
- Weather: In western and central Macedonia, increased clouds with local rains and isolated storms from midday. In eastern Macedonia and Thrace initially a few clouds that will increase from midday and there will be local rains and from the afternoon mainly in the sea-coastal isolated storms.
- Winds: East northeast 3 to 4 and from noon will turn to south directions 4 to 5 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 07 to 20 degrees Celsius. In western Macedonia it will be 3 to 4 degrees lower.
IONIAN ISLANDS, EPIROS, WEST STEREA, WEST PELOPONNISOS
- Weather: Initially in the Ionian Islands and the western Peloponnese and gradually in the rest of the areas cloudy with rain and sporadic storms. The phenomena, which will be strong in places, will show a temporary weakening in the evening.
- Winds: Northerly 5 to 6 and locally in the Ionian 7 Beaufort with weakening in the evening.
- Temperature: From 11 to 22 degrees Celsius. In the interior of Epirus 3 to 4 degrees lower.
EASTERN STEREA, EVIA, EASTERN PELOPONNISOS
- Weather: Sparse clouds that will thicken from noon and rain and sporadic storms will occur. The phenomena that in eastern Sterea and eastern Peloponnese will be strong in places, will weaken in the evening.
- Winds: From east directions 3 to 4 and from noon south southeast 5 to 6 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 12 to 23 degrees Celsius. In the north 2 to 3 degrees lower.
- Weather: Scattered clouds, occasionally thicker.
- Winds: From north directions 3 to 4 Beaufort and from noon to south directions 5 to 6 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 17 to 25 degrees Celsius.
EAST AEGEAN ISLANDS – DODECANISE
- Weather: On the islands of the eastern Aegean initially cloudy. From the afternoon there will be rain and sporadic storms locally strong. In the Dodecanese, sparse clouds which will gradually thicken.
- Winds: From northerly directions 3 to 4 Beaufort and from noon south southeast 4 to 5 and in the north up to 6 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 17 to 25 degrees Celsius. In the north 3 to 4 degrees lower.
- Weather: A few clouds that will increase from noon and rain and sporadic storms will occur. The phenomena that in the southernmost parts may be strong in places, will stop in the evening.
- Winds: From north directions 3 to 4 and from noon east southeast 4 to 5 Beaufort.
- Temperature: From 10 to 18 degrees Celsius.