“No” from Netanyahu to the 4-hour ceasefire announced by the White House

“No” from Netanyahu to the 4-hour ceasefire announced by the White House
“No” from Netanyahu to the 4-hour ceasefire announced by the White House
--

“The fighting continues and there will be no ceasefire without the release of our hostages,” Netanyahu reiterated.

“Israel is allowing safe passageways from the northern strip to the south, as 50,000 Gazans did just yesterday,” he said, calling on Palestinians to vacate northern Gaza and move to the south.

For his part, the American president Joe Biden he told reporters today that he has asked three day break in Gaza and a pause longer than that in order to free the hostages held by Hamas.

Biden also stated that the United States will hurt again if he needs targets linked to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, his elite body Iranian armyand organizations linked to it, following the US military strike on a building in Syria, and following the spate of attacks against US and anti-jihadist coalition troops in Syria and Iraq.

The American president also ruled that it does not exist “no chance” of a ceasefire in Gaza.

Asked if he believed there was any chance of a ceasefire, the Democratic president, who has so far opposed that version, said: “No, no chance.”

US: Israel begins 4-hour daily ceasefires in northern Gaza

Israel will begin implementing four-hour pauses in military operations in areas of the north Gaza every day, to allow the entry of humanitarian aid and the movement of civilians, announced earlier White House.

Israel will announce the time of the pauses three hours in advance, according to John Kirby, a spokesman for the US National Security Council.

“We have been told by the Israelis that there will be no military operations in these areas during the pause and that this process begins today (Thursday 9/11),” Kirby said.

Kirby described Israel’s decision to implement four-hour pauses in northern Gaza as a “an important first step”.

“We urge the Israelis to do everything they can to minimize civilian casualties,” Kirby said, saying the pauses would give civilians a “breathing space of a few hours” to get out of harm’s way.

Pauses will also provide opportunities for the possible safe removal of hostages held by Hamas, Kirby said.

Gaza: Mossad and CIA in talks in Qatar over Hamas hostages

Earlier on Thursday (9/11) a tripartite meeting was held between Qatari officials and the heads of its intelligence services Mossad and her C.I.A in Doha to discuss the release of hostages in exchange for a ceasefire and the transfer of humanitarian aid to Gauzea diplomatic source familiar with the talks told CNNi.

The meeting – attended by CIA director William Burns, Mossad chief David Barnea and Qatari officials – discussed a draft plan for the release 10 and 20 of civilian hostages in exchange for a three-day ceasefire but also enabling Hamas to compile and hand over a list of hostages being held in Gaza, the source said.

According to a senior US official cited by CNNi yesterday, Israel would not agree to a prolonged ceasefire without the release of a significant number of hostages. Multilateral talks – in which Qatar plays a key mediating role – have been ongoing for weeks.

Hamas delegation under Haniyeh in Cairo

At the same time, high-ranking executives of Hamas together with its political leader Ishmael Hanie and its former leader Khaled Messaalthey arrived today, Thursday 9/11, at Cairoas stated in a statement by the Palestinian Islamist organization that controls the Strip her Gaza.

Her agency Hamas met with the head of its General Intelligence Service Egypthim Abas Camel and discussed the situation at Gauzethe statement added.


The article is in Greek

Tags: Netanyahu #4hour ceasefire announced White House

-

PREV Smart and sustainable city logistics in Greece
NEXT Olive oil: How to distinguish adulterated oil