This year’s celebration of the patron saint of the Great Castle, Agios Minas, is expected with splendor
Heraklion celebrates on Saturday, since November 11th is the day in honor of Saint Minas, who is of course the patron saint of Heraklion.
As every year, this year too, the High Priestly Divine Liturgy will be celebrated and then the procession of the icon and the holy relics of the Saint will follow through the central streets of the city, where many believers are expected to be present.
Friday, November 10
7 a.m.: The Pre-Holy Orthros and the Divine Liturgy in the Old Holy Metropolitan Church of Agios Minas.
* 4:30 p.m.: Vespers for students, students and students at the Holy Metropolitan Church of Agios Minas.
– Vespers at the Old Holy Metropolitan Church of Agios Minas.
* 7 p.m.: The Grand Solemn Hierarchical Vespers of the Most Reverend Archbishop of Crete Mr. Eugene.
Saturday, November 11
* 7 a.m.: Orthros and the Divine Liturgy, in the Holy Metropolitan Church of Agios Minas, pre-eminent of the Most Reverend Archbishop of Crete Evgeniou.
After the end of the Divine Liturgy, the procession of the Holy Relic and the Seven Icon of the Saint will follow, through the streets: Kyrillos Loukareos, Arkadiou square, 1821, Nikiforos Fokas square, Kalokairinos and Agios Minas avenues.
* 6 p.m.: The Solemn Vespers at the Holy Metropolitan Church of the Theophilus Bishop of Knossos Mr. Methodios.