A new gathering of solidarity with the Palestinian people is being organized on Saturday, November 11 by the Union of Private Employees of Komotini and the Women’s Association of Rodopi.
This is the second gathering organized by the above organizations, after the one that took place on Thursday, October 19, in which residents of the area participated en masse, in perhaps one of the largest gatherings of recent years in Komotini.
The new gathering will take place at 12 noon on Saturday in the central square of Komotini.
In their joint announcement, the Union of Private Employees of Komotini and the Women’s Association of Rodopi state:
“The carnage in the Gaza Strip continues, with the Israeli army having proceeded to a ground intervention, even bombing refugee camps, schools and hospitals, resulting in the murder of thousands of Palestinian civilians, thousands of women and children.
The ND government, continuing the long-standing cooperation of all Greek governments with Israel, it intensifies not only the political and diplomatic support of the murderous state, but also the military, by sending frigates, exploiting all the American bases in our country, such as Souda, Elefsina, etc. Thus, our country, the Greek people are further involved in the rivalries and in the risk of a more general conflagration in the Middle East.
The people, however, are on the right side of history, against the Israeli occupation and imperialist designs, on the side of the struggling people of Palestine. The Greek people have responded with massive rallies in solidarity with the Palestinian people, with the slogan Freedom in Palestine resounding throughout the country. Peoples all over the world have taken a stand. This was shown by the unprecedented demonstrations in London, Paris, Lille, Rome, etc.
We fight for the peace of the peoples, so that the peoples live in brotherhood. With the end of the long Israeli occupation, Palestine is free and independent on the borders of 1967, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
We strengthen in every way our solidarity with the people and children of Palestine who are being murdered. We will not be accomplices in crime!
We are intensifying our fight against the country’s involvement in US-NATO-EU plans to support Israel’s criminal policy.
- No participation – No support in the slaughter of the Palestinian people
- To cease all facilities with bases and other infrastructure to the USA and Israel. To withdraw the Frigate “PSARA” from the area
- Stop all economic-political-military cooperation with the murderous state of Israel
- That Greek involvement in the Israeli plan, which provides for the absorption of displaced Palestinians from Greece, does not proceed
- Now recognition of the Palestinian state on the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem as its capital. Return of all Palestinian refugees to their homes. Immediate release of all Palestinian and other political prisoners held in Israeli prisons.”