Completed on Sunday, November 5th 15th Larissa International Film Festival with the awarding of the prizes of the competition pieces of the event. The support that the Festival had from the Ministry of Culture, the Region of Thessaly, the Hellenic Film Center, EKOME, the French Institute, POKEL and the organization consultants Alpha Marketing Greece was decisive for its realization.
The 15th event adapted to the topical and hot issue of floods in Thessaly once again set as its primary focus that of the climate crisis, since the role of the festival is also to highlight current affairs. During the Festival speeches, discussions were held and protagonists of the difficult days of the Thessaly flood were invited, while at the same time documentaries on climate change were shown and in general the issue of the dangers of human intervention in nature was highlighted.
However, other topical issues emerged, such as that of Artificial Intelligence in the field of cinema, as well as the much-discussed issue of the transfer of literary works to the cinema and especially to the small screen in the form of series.
In the Greek, International and Animation competition, as every year, films from all over the world were shown, which were watched by the jury and a large audience.
DON’T MISS OUT!
Theater on the Roof: Romáland, by Anesti Azas and Prodromos Tsinikoris
Kostas Baltazanis & his quintet at Half Note Jazz Club
The Festival events concluded with the awarding of the Greek and International competition, “Filming in Thessaly”, and the Animation awards.
Winners of the 15th Larissa International Film Festival by category
Filming in Thessaly
Selection of photos by Fotis Natsoulis
Video selection by Paschal Mantis
- 1st prize for photography “Plastira Lake East”, of Nikos Mitsiopoulos
- 2nd prize for photography “Meteora”, of George Natsis
- 3rd Photography Prize “Winter Dawn in Carla”
- First Prize “Daisies”, of Vassilis Tzikas
- Second Prize “Vines”, of Vasilis Boussiu
- Third Prize “Thessaly project”, of Konstantinos Kehagia
Eleni MourisProfessor at the Department of Graphic Design and Visual Communication at the University of Western Attica.
Thomas LioliosPhilologist, creative writing master
Apostolis Sdoukos, Author
- A Prize “Small Hours”, Marta Sniezek, Christian Spurling – Ireland
- B Prize “Rest in Piece”, Antoine Antabi – Germany
- Third Prize “Looking for joy”, Annas Oikonomou – Greece
International & Greek Competition Awards
George Fredzos, Director of Photography (Chairman of the Committee)
Ethalia Papakosta, Actor
Robbie Exiel, Film critic
Composition of the jury: Robbie Exiel
INTELLIGENT MENTION FOR BETTER DOCUMENTATION
EXODUS – OLIVER STILLER, MEXICO
- FIRST PRIZE in the film La carezza, Raffaele Grasso – Italy
- B AWARD in the film Mariam, Lionel Meta – France
- 3RD PRIZE in the film Burial, Jerzy Crachowski- Poland
- FIRST PRIZE in the film “Yama”of Andrea Vakaliou
- SECOND PRIZE in the film “Airhostess-737”of Thanasis Neofotistos
- 3RD PRIZE in the film “Not tomorrow”her Amerissa Basta
The organizing committee of the festival thanks everyone who contributed to the organization and especially our volunteers who were present throughout.
However, what is being asked is for this institution, which has been going on for 15 consecutive years, to be strengthened, for all agencies to cooperate and to become an issue of society and the city of Larissa, so that it becomes a pole of attraction for people from the cinema and especially artists of every branch.
The 16th Larissa International Film Festival is already being planned!
More information: iffl.gr