The National Meteorological Service has issued an emergency bulletin of worsening weather.
According to the EMY, the weather will worsen from noon on Friday (10/11) until late Saturday night (11/11), with heavy rains and storms that will be accompanied by hail and a high frequency of lightning, initially on the islands of the Ionian and in the western Peloponnese and gradually in the rest of the west. The phenomena will gradually extend towards the central and northern continents, as well as the Eastern Aegean. The winds on the seas will be strong.
EMY’s emergency worsening weather bulletin
In more detail:
A. Heavy rain and storms are forecast:
On Friday (10/11)
- From noon in the Ionian, Epirus, Western Mainland and Western Peloponnese.
- From the afternoon hours, the rest of Sterea and Peloponnese, the islands of the Eastern Aegean and possibly the southern parts of Thessaly will be affected.
On Saturday (11/11)
- From the morning hours in the northern Ionian, in Epirus, in western Macedonia, in western Sterea, in the southern parts of the Eastern Peloponnese and in Kythira.
- From noon in central Macedonia, in eastern Macedonia and possibly in Thrace.
- Towards the evening the phenomena will weaken in most areas and will be limited to the islands of the eastern Aegean and the Dodecanese.
B. Southerly winds of intensity 7 to 8 Beaufort will blow in the Aegean from the morning hours of Saturday (11-11-23) until the late afternoon.
More details on the development of the weather in the regular and extraordinary weather bulletins, on the EMY website (www.emy.gr). Forecasts will be updated daily every twelve hours.
Meanwhile, the National Weather Service predicts a drop in temperature from today.