The weather is expected to deteriorate significantly from noon on Friday (10.11.2023) with rains and storms in a large part of the country.
According to the EMY emergency bulletin, heavy rains and storms are expected from noon Friday until late Saturday night, accompanied by hail and a high frequency of lightning, initially in the Ionian Islands and the western Peloponnese and gradually in the rest of the west.
The phenomena will gradually extend towards the central and northern continents as well as the eastern Aegean. The winds on the seas will be strong.
A. Heavy rains and storms are forecast:
On Friday (10.11.23)
- From noon in the Ionian, Epirus, Western Mainland and Western Peloponnese.
- From the afternoon hours, the rest of Sterea and Peloponnese, the islands of the Eastern Aegean and possibly the southern parts of Thessaly will be affected.
On Saturday (11.11.23)
- From the morning hours in the northern Ionian, Epirus, western Macedonia, western Sterea, the southern parts of the Eastern Peloponnese and Kythira.
- From noon in central Macedonia, eastern Macedonia and possibly Thrace.
- Towards the evening the phenomena will weaken in most areas and will be limited to the islands of the eastern Aegean and the Dodecanese.
B. Southerly winds of intensity 7 to 8 Beaufort will blow in the Aegean from Saturday morning until late afternoon.