The General Regional Police Directorate of Western Greece publishes overall data regarding the issues of road safety and traffic policing that occurred during the month October of the year 2023, in the territorial jurisdiction of the Police Directorates of Achaia, Ilia, Aetolia and Akarnania. The publication of the monthly data is accompanied by statistical data of the corresponding last month.
A. Traffic accidents
In the territorial jurisdiction of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Greece, noted 39 traffic accidents vs 40 in October of the year 2022. In particular, the following were noted:
- 1fatal accident against 6 in October of the year 2022.
- 5 traffic accidents with serious injury against 7 in October of the year 2022.
- 33 traffic accidents with minor injury to persons compared to 27 in October of the year 2022.
Of the traffic accidents that occurred in our Region, a total of 52 victims were recorded 53 in October of the year 2022:
In particular they were recorded:
- 1 deadagainst 6in October of the year 2022.
- 6seriously injured vs 7in October of the year 2022.
- 45 slightly injured against 40in October of the year 2022.
The main causes of the traffic accidents, as revealed by the police traffic investigation, were:
- Traffic in the opposite stream
- Signal violation
- Priority violation
- Drunk driving
- Causes referred to drivers
B. Traffic policing actions
The Traffic Services of the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Greece are on constant alert, implementing a specific plan, which provides for increased road safety and traffic policing measures for the safe movement of vehicles and citizens, as well as for the prevention and prevention of accidents throughout the its road network.
For example, in the month of October 2023 they were formed by the Traffic Services 296 breathalyzer crews, acted 4,541 drunkenness investigation checks and found 103 violations.
In addition, the same period of time was confirmed among others and 3,005 dangerous violations.
In particular, they confirmed: