Haris Theocharis: What will apply to Airbnb – the obligations and rights of the management companies | Start Media Corfu TV
The measures, which will apply to short-term leases, were presented today by the Deputy Minister of National Economy and Finance, Haris Theocharis. Particularly:
- For three or more properties, the owner will have to set up a company, of any legal form, and will be charged with VAT (13%), accommodation tax (1.5 euros per night) and visitor tax (0.5% of turnover).
- Owners who choose to outsource the management of their properties to property management companies will not be obliged to set up a company themselves, even if they rent 3+ properties on a short-term lease basis. They will continue to be taxed as individuals with rental income.
- Each legal form will pay VAT, residence tax and resident tax, even if it manages 1 or 2 properties.
- The accommodation fee and the visitor fee will be collected by the platforms and will be paid to AADE. Through a special application, AADE will pay these taxes.
- Management companies will be able to join NSRA programs, as well as the “Tourism for All” program.
- The short-term tenancy remains an urban tenancy.