A series of issues concerning the primary sector in the Peloponnese Region were examined in the meeting that the regional governor Panagiotis Nikas had on Tuesday, October 31, in Tripoli, mwith the directors of DAOK in the 5 Regional Units.
The meeting re-examined the problem of payment of fees to the approximately 90 agronomist assessors, who handle major issues for the modernization of the agricultural sector, including improvement schemes, as well as the young farmers’ scheme.
As it became known, the possibility is being considered for the Region to pay their fees, from its budget, and to cover this expense when the relevant credit is approved by those responsible in principle for the payment of said fees.
Furthermore, the meeting was informed about the expected olive fruit production for this year, which is expected to be reduced, while the conclusions from the implementation of the Peloponnese Region’s hunting program were positive, as well as from the evolution of the prices for this year’s harvest olive oil, which range from at the time around 9.50 euros.
Finally, the participation of the Peloponnese Region in this year’s 14th Festival of Greek Honey and bee products, which will be held under the auspices of the Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food for three days from the 1st to the 3rd of December in Athens, was examined during the said meeting. Peace and Friendship Stadium.
The maximum number of businesses that will be able to participate through the Peloponnese Region is 19 – while there will also be a common stand for the 6 DAOK.
For his part, the regional governor P. Nikas asked the directors of the above services to make recommendations regarding the criteria for the participation of beekeepers from the 5 P.E. It should be noted that the Region will cover 80% of the total cost of participation, while the remaining 20% will be borne by the participating exhibitors.