The 1st Primary School of Tyrnavos is being energetically upgraded, with funding from the 2014-2020 ESPA of the Region of Thessaly.
The regional governor Kostas Agorastos gave the approval for the tender of the project, with a total integration budget of 850,000 euros. The beneficiary and implementing body is the Municipality of Tyrnavos.
“Investments in education are intergenerational projects that leave the future behind,” states the governor of Thessaly, Kostas Agorastos. “In collaboration with the mayor of Tyrnavos, Yiannis Kokouras and the Special Management Service of the NSRF of Thessaly 2014 – 2020, another school building is synchronized with the needs of the time. The European Commission’s award-winning energy upgrade program financed by the Region of Thessaly changes the energy footprint of more than 90 school and other public buildings that acquire modern, functional and user- and environment-friendly infrastructures,” adds the regional governor.
The project concerns the energy upgrade of the building of the 1st Primary School of Tyrnavos. It is an existing Energy Class Z building, which is expected to be upgraded to Class A by improving its energy characteristics.
The energy upgrade of the building includes:
* Installation of thermal insulation under the non-insulated roof.
* Installation of a thermal insulation system around the perimeter of the shell.
* Replacement of the frames of the school building with new thermal break metal ones with double glazing.
* Installation of a new heating system with an array of natural gas boilers with condensing technology.
* Replacement of lighting bodies with LED type lighting.
* Installation of a photovoltaic system with energy compensation.
* Implementation of a building energy management system (BEMS).