The first statements of Fourthiotis after the suspension of the trial: My health and life have been burdened – Newsbomb – News

The first statements of Fourthiotis after the suspension of the trial: My health and life have been burdened – Newsbomb – News
The first statements of Fourthiotis after the suspension of the trial: My health and life have been burdened – Newsbomb – News

Menios Fourthiotis, accused of two felonies and five misdemeanors, made statements after the trial was adjourned.

Menios Fourthiotis spoke about his “burdened health and life” leaving the court after the interruption of his trial.

Speaking to the cameras, the accused presenter said: “I think after 17 months of suffering, it’s time for Justice. As I said then, I insist on my innocence, I have nothing to do with all that has burdened my health and life. I am waiting for the court to be done and the suffering to end which any man could not endure. There is no evidence, I hope the Justice will do its job and give an acquittal.”

The trial was adjourned

One of his advocates, Themis Sofos, is out of Athens for another professional obligation, as a result of which the court was convened and adjourned. “There are temporary detainees, there is no scope for a longer interruption,” said the district attorney.

Menios Fourthiotis, who was present in the courtroom, is in the dock along with three other people in the case of the “staged” attacks outside his house in the northern suburbs.

The presenter, who had been remanded in custody for the case but is now free, is charged with the crimes of serial and consecutive criminal conduct in distinguished possession and carrying of weapons and criminal conduct in explosion and carrying of weapons, as well as the misdemeanors of criminal conduct in supplying -possession of an explosive bomb, criminal trespass, attempted extortion, false report, provocation and offering to commit a misdemeanor.

In a “catapult” will, Menios Fourthiotis is accused that, in addition to the staged attacks, he allegedly put pressure on high-ranking officials of the Directorate for the Protection of Official and Vulnerable Targets by sending them “continuous and repeated false lawsuits and extrajudicial lawsuits”, even going so far as to file a lawsuit against of the Brigadier General of the General Directorate for the Protection of Official and Vulnerable Targets.

According to the judges, the main defendant in the case allegedly paid two of his three co-accused to carry out the two attacks that took place outside his home on April 16 and 23, 2021. The first attack was carried out with the use of a Kalashnikov and the second with the use and explosion of an improvised explosive device.

Related news

Menios Fourthiotis: The trial was suspended – The presenter is present in the room


The article is in Greek

Greece

Tags: statements Fourthiotis suspension trial health life burdened Newsbomb News

PREV ELAS: A criminal organization was dismantled – They were also active in Western Greece
NEXT Consecration at the Philharmonic of the Municipality of Tripoli (pics-vid)