The plan for a biotechnology park in Peania was wrecked

The plan for a biotechnology park in Peania was wrecked
The plan for a biotechnology park in Peania was wrecked

“At this time, we are studying the possible uses, as the property is suitable both for the creation of logistics and for a data center, or even for an office building,” Konstantinos Markazos, managing director of Premia Properties, told “K”. [SHUTTERSTOCK]

In the cancellation of the plan for the creation of a biotechnology park in the area of ​​Paiana, following a joint decision, the Premia Properties AEEAP and the Demand Real Estate. The joint venture of the Greek regenerative medicine company Theracell Advanced Biotechnology and the American biotechnology company Orgenesis had agreed to lease the area of ​​23 acres. Information indicates that the two companies faced problems in their cooperation with the future tenant of the property and preferred to terminate their cooperation with him, adjusting the agreement between them, which remains in force.

Thus, at the beginning of August, the two sides proceeded to terminate the preliminary agreement for the transfer of the shares of the special purpose company that owns the property to Premia, while the advance payment of 8 million euros, which had been given by the listed company at the end of 2021, was returned. Then, as part of the new agreement between Premia and Dimand, the former acquired 40% of the shares of the company that controls the property, instead of 3 million euros, with Dimand controlling the remaining 60%. That interest will be acquired once the development of the property is complete, possibly as a mixed-use complex.

Such as Kon mentions in “K”. Markazosmanaging director of Premia Properties, “currently we are studying the possible uses, as the property is suitable both for the creation of logistics and a data center, or even for an office building”.

The two companies encountered problems in their cooperation with the future tenant of the property.

Developments are positive in relation to the signing of the agreement for Alpha Bank’s Project Skyline, where Premia Properties participates as an investor with a percentage of 25%, while Dimand controls 51% and the EBRD the remaining 24%. At the end of last week, the shareholders of Alpha Urban Properties approved the transfer of the company’s real estate portfolio, amounting to 43 million euros, to the scheme that will be created and which will include a total of 575 properties of the Alpha Bank group, worth 500 million. euro. Sources following the relevant process estimate that by the end of the year the relevant agreement will be signed, with Alpha Bank maintaining a 30%-35% stake in the new scheme.

Towards the end of the year, the conclusion of another important agreement for Premia Properties is expected. The reason for the acquisition of all the real estate of the Boutari winery, as part of its consolidation plan, with the entry as a strategic investor of the Swedish Sterner Stenhus, the parent company of Premia.

Today, Premia Properties has assets of a total value of €228 million, with the aim of more than doubling this within the next two years. During this year’s first half, the listed company recorded a 221% year-on-year increase in net profit after tax to €7.97 million (from €2.48 million), as a result of the expansion of its investment property portfolio. Premia’s revenues increased by 83% to 6.6 million euros, while a further increase is expected for the second half, due to the fact that the revenues from the new investments, such as e.g. that for the acquisition of the facilities of Douka Schools in Marousi.


The article is in Greek

Greece

Tags: plan biotechnology park Peania wrecked

PREV Autumn weekend destinations near Athens
NEXT The “Flame of Love” is lit today in Falani