Prince Harry – Meghan Markle: Not invited to Buckingham for King Charles’ 75th birthday party – What the Sussexes say about the split.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have had “no contact” with Buckingham Palace regarding an invitation to King Charles’ birthday party on November 14, their spokesman told the Daily Mail.
It is noted that a Sunday Times report at the weekend had said that King Charles will celebrate his 75th birthday next week at Clarence House, but his youngest son “will not be traveling from California”, where he moved in 2020 with his wife. Meghan Markle and their family in London as she declined the invitation.
“There has been no contact regarding an invitation to His Majesty’s upcoming birthday. It is disappointing that the Sunday Times has misreported this news,” Sussex’s spokesman said.
New rift after the release of Prince Harry’s memoirs
The rift between Prince Harry and his family has deepened since the release of his memoir, Spare, earlier this year.
However, the Duke of Sussex traveled to the UK in May to attend his father’s coronation without his wife, who remained in California.
The spokesperson also denied reports that Meghan Markle is returning to acting.